- Model Train Depo is a venue for buyers and sellers to communicate. Model Train Depo does not allow the public exchange of private contact information (e.g. email addresses, phone numbers). However, both buyer and seller will receive information (both private and public) from one another upon entering a transaction. The buyer will provide his/her shipping address and email to the seller. The sellers' email address will be provided to the buyer upon order confirmation.
- Seller is responsible for providing reasonable support for any issues related to an item sold.
Fees Policy *** Seller fees are free until further notice***
- Model Train Depo charges a fee of 5% sales fee, once an item is sold. This fee is included in the item price listed on the site for each product listing. This fee is subject to change with 2 months notice. Paypal will charge 3.49% and fixed transaction fee of $.49 cents. Fee total is 8.49% + $.49 cents.
Order Fulfillment and Shipping Policies
- Sellers are expected to fulfill a sales order and ship within three business days of receiving payment.
- Shipping costs should be included in the listing (ground shipping with tracking and insurance). These costs can be viewed during checkout. Domestic (same country shipping) shipping charges are required. Sellers can decide if they want to ship internationally or not.
- Seller may use the shipping method of its choice as long as the shipping method offers reasonable transit times and a valid tracking number.
- Seller must communicate shipping tracking data, including carrier and tracking number, to buyer and Model Train Depo
- Model Train Depo sales are binding, though the sale may become void in certain circumstances.
- Seller may void a sale if full payment is not received from the buyer.
- Seller may void a sale if the buyer requests unreasonable shipping methods (e.g. overnight shipping).
- Seller may void a sale if the buyer does not meet stated, required criteria for buying.
- If the seller advertises domestic shipping only (ie WILL NOT ship internationally) and the buyer is in a different country, the seller may void the sale.
- Seller may not (in good standing) void a sale because they forgot to include shipping costs.
- Seller can void a sale if they suspect a transaction is fraudulent in nature. Seller must notify Model Train Depo immediately in this event.
- Buyer may void a sale and request a refund if the seller does not comply with Order Fulfillment policies.
Returns and Refunds
- Sellers are urged to specify return policies for items as part of the product description.
- If an item is received not as described the buyer shall be entitled to a refund.
- Sellers should refund promptly for returned items after received.
- Model Train Depo will refund sale fees to buyers when a sale is voided due to fault of the seller or Model Train Depo.
- If an item is received as advertised, but the buyer wishes to return, the seller is not obligated to accept a return. Any granted refund in in these situations should be less fees already incurred by the seller. Model Train Depo sale fees are not refundable in such situations.
- Refunds are subject to PayPal's refund policies and limitations.
Shipping Costs on Returned Items
- If an item is received in an unusable state and must be returned, the seller is responsible for reimbursing return shipping costs to the buyer.
- If an item is returned due to a disagreement in the condition of a device (e.g. good vs. fair), the buyer is typically responsible for covering return shipping costs.
- When an item is to be returned for any other reason, the buyer and seller must establish and agree upon who is responsible for the shipping costs prior to the return being sent.
- Returned items should be shipped with proper tracking and insurance for the buyer's protection.
Use of personal details (purpose of register)
Personal details are collected to make communication and use of service possible. Details can be used for communication between service providers and users and also for direct communication between users. Some personal details are visible on the profile page of the user, but those details are voluntary (except name).
The handling of personal details is not outsourced, but the register data is stored on a server that is rented from a third party company.
Information content of the register
The following information may be stored in the register:
- Personal details: Name, email address, phone number, street address
- Account details: username, password (stored in encrypted format)
- The description text that the user may write about him/herself
- The offers and requests the user has posted to the service
- The given and received feedback and badges
- Statistical data about service usage, e.g. number times the user has logged in
Regular sources of information
Personal details are given by the user on registration to the service or when using it later.
Regular handovers of the information
Information considering users of a single Model Train Depo community may be handed over to the client who has founded that community or to the community administrators appointed by that client.
Transfers of the information outside the EU and the European Economic Area
Information may be stored to a server that may be located inside or outside of the EU and the European Economic Area
Register protection principles
The information is stored on computers. The access to the information is restricted with passwords and physical access to the computers is restricted by the server hosting company.